Things you should know about Dental Implants
By now, dental implants have been around long enough that most people have heard of them and know that they replace a missing tooth. But there are many benefits to dental implants that may not occur to you.
Vision Dental Clinic in Abu Dhabi, Dentist Dr.Hussien Tahoun would like to share some information that you should consider when deciding on the best long-term tooth replacement for you.
Options for Tooth Replacement
Dentures – Removable dentures have changed the lives of many people by restoring function and appearance. But there have always been issues with discomfort and slipping and shifting, making it challenging to enjoy all your favorite foods with confidence.
Dental Bridges – Bridges are a good esthetic solution, but they need to be attached to adjacent teeth. This means that your natural teeth need to be altered to accommodate the crowns that hold the bridge in place.
Dental Implants – Dental implants are permanently rooted in your jawbone. We can use a single implant to restore a missing tooth or several implants to hold a denture securely in place.
Compare Tooth Replacement Options
Here are some of the benefits dental implants offer and how they stack up against other types of tooth replacement:
Improved Chewing Ability
- Removable dentures restore only 10% of your chewing ability.
- Dental implants restore 90% of your chewing ability.
Easy to Speak Comfortably and Taste Foods
- Dentures create taste and speech issues.
- Adding dental implants to a denture eliminates problems with speaking and tasting your favorite foods.
- Dentures need to be relined every 3 to 5 years.
- Except for good oral hygiene and regular dental visits, implants are virtually maintenance-free.
- Bridges involve removing healthy tooth structure from adjacent teeth. They are basically a three-tooth solution for a one-tooth problem.
- A dental implant is a standalone tooth replacement that doesn’t require support from adjacent teeth. It is a one-tooth solution for a one-tooth problem.
Cost-Effective over the Long Term
- Bridges need to be replaced every 5 to 15 years.
- Since dental implants are permanent, they don’t ever need to be replaced so they cost less to maintain over a long period of time.
Better for Your Oral Health
- Dental implants act as a replacement root, stimulating the growth of healthy bone and tissue in your jaw and preserving the integrity of the bone.
- Dentures and bridges are esthetic solutions that sit on top of the gum, so the bone in your jaw gradually deteriorates over time.
Would You Like to Learn More?
We can use dental implants to improve the fit and feel of traditional options like bridges or dentures, or we can use them as a standalone tooth replacement.
Vision Dental Clinic in Abu Dhabi, Dentist Dr. Hussien Tahoun would love to work with you to create the perfect tooth replacement solution for your needs. Please give a call our Clinic to arrange a convenient consultation.